“I love to help people see the best in themselves and to have fun!”
My Story: I was born October 31, 1963 and grew up in Lavallette, NJ loving the beach. As a kid I wasn’t athletic, flexible or calm AT ALL. I took my first yoga class right after graduating college as a Dental Hygienist because I thought that career was going to give me terrible posture. I liked the stretching but struggled with relaxation and anything that seemed mystical at all, I was the reluctant yogi. After I turned 40 I shifted from Dental Hygiene to becoming a Personal Trainer and a few years later fell into yoga teacher training in order to be able to sub a class at the gym. It was then Yoga found me and became my passion that gets stronger every year. It’s exciting that you can create this adult onset athleticism at any point in your life and that’s a message I want to share with everyone. Your age is not a cage!
In 2020, I learned during the quarentine that I needed to anchor into the present moment more than ever in order to cope with the the uncertainty in the world. This is when I was led to take a deeper dive into Reiki completing my certification as a Reiki Master Level Practitioner and also deepening my skills in guiding Meditation and Coaching Mindfulness. If you need support in living in the moment and letting go of worry I'd love to work with you. Life can be more workable when we breathe where we are.
My Faves: Time laughing with family & friends, the great state of NJ, music that makes you feel good, yoga, being outside, travel adventures, trying new things, surfing, SUP, taking fitness classes, great arugula salads, sunrises, collecting shells and meeting new people!
Where's my Studio? I have conciously chosen to not own a studio building in order to have the freedom to focus on delivering my wellness services to many different locations outdoors and indoors at the Sea Isle Community Lodge, client homes, businesses and schools. Online sessions available too!
Current Certifications & Education Include:
- Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher 500+ Level
- Shift to Lead Business Breakthrough 2021
- Reiki Master Level completed 2021 with Soul to Soul Reiki School
- Reiki Mastera Certificate 11/2021 with We Heal University & Intergrative Reiki
- Spirit Speak Weeklong Immersion with Seane Corn 2018
- Pranakriya 500 Hour Professional Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 2013
- YogaFit 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2008
- AAAI Yoga Certifications 1, 2 & 3 since 2004
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer since 2004
- ACE Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Certified Spinning Instructor
- Functional Aging Training Certificate
- CPR & AED Certified & Insured
- B.S. Allied Health Sciences, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 1986
Additional Work Experiences:
- Athlete Training: Team Yoga Trainer Boys Cross Country, Spring Track & Field Teams OCHS 2007-present
- Bayada Home Health Care: Hospice Volunteer providing Reiki to Hospice Patients 2022
- Corporate Yoga Workshops: The Press of Atlantic City, The Perth Consul General’s Office, Australia, The College of NJ & more
- Specialty Studio Classes: Blanket Slide Fit Flow, Wall Vinyasa, Partner Yoga, SpinYoga & Balance for Seniors
- Private Client Stress Reduction & Coaching Sessions
- Team Taught Pre-Concert Yoga Benefit with Michael Franti