“I love to help people see the best in themselves and to have fun!”
My Story: I was born October 31, 1963 and grew up in Lavallette, NJ loving the beach. As a kid I wasn’t athletic, flexible or calm AT ALL. I took my first yoga class right after graduating college as a Dental Hygienist because I thought that career was going to give me terrible posture. I liked the stretching but struggled with relaxation and anything that seemed mystical at all, I was the reluctant yogi. After I turned 40 I shifted from Dental Hygiene to becoming a Personal Trainer and a few years later fell into yoga teacher training in order to be able to sub a class at the gym. It was then Yoga found me and became my passion that gets stronger every year. It’s exciting that you can create this adult onset athleticism at any point in your life and that’s a message I want to share with everyone. Your age is not a cage!
My Faves: Time with my husband and 3 kids, laughing with family & friends, the great state of NJ, music that makes you feel good, yoga, being outside, travel adventures, trying new things, surfing, SUP, making great martini’s, great arugula salads, sunrises, collecting shells and meeting new people!
Current Certifications & Education Include:
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500.
- Pranakriya 500 Hour Professional Yoga Teacher Training Graduate 2013
- YogaFit 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Graduate 2008
- AAAI Yoga Teacher 1, 2 & 3 Certificate 2004
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Certified Spinning Instructor ~ Certified by Madd Dog Athletics
- CPR & AED Certified & Insured
- B.S. Allied Health Sciences, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 1986
Additional Work Experiences:
- Athlete Training: Team Yoga Trainer Boys Cross Country & Track Teams OCHS 2007-present
- Corporate Yoga Workshops: The Press of Atlantic City, The Perth Consul General’s Office, Australia, The College of NJ & more
- Specialty Studio Classes: Wall Vinyasa, Partner Yoga, SpinYoga & Balance for Seniors
- Team Taught Pre-Concert Yoga Benefit with Michael Franti